Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

Brigstock

The heat wave had arrived! I had a really, really enjoyable friday with Rowan and Posy both competing in their first Pre Novices. I was delighted with them both doing very respectable tests for 34 and 32, followed by lovely double clears and 7th and 8th rosettes. If only all my ponies were as consistent as these two!!
 
On Saturday I only had Sprout's dressage, and my new warm up tactics for him worked a treat, and he performed a lovely calm flowing test for a fab score of 46.5 and into 3rd place out of 58 starters. He cross countried beautifully on Sunday morning, clear in the time, with only one hiccup at a tricky treble of skinny's, he eyed the first two as I had when walking the course and was similarly surprised to find a third element! He cleverly sorted his feet out and I stayed on board, we put it behind us and sped home within the time. We then had the tricky bit of show jumping on the same day, after cross country. He jumped immaculately over the first 8 fences, but unfortunately slightly ran out of steam and tapped two rails in the last four fences to come home on an annoying 8 faults which dropped us from 3rd to 6th. I have studied the video and realise that our usual reliable free and easy style doesn't quite suit when show jumping is last so a couple of adjustments next time and we won't make the same mistake. I was utterly thrilled with him though and hope to cement his good dressage at his last 2* at Barbury before upgrading at Aston in July.
 
I also had Deli, Monty and Parker in the OI/I. They all three did fab tests for 26.5, 33.5 and 32 respectively. Deli jumped a super clear SJ and Parker had one down and Monty and I had a minor communication error for 3 down. None of these boys ran XC as Parker is off to Houghton this week, Monty and I aren't quite on net yet and Deli's owners decided that the ground might be a little firm for him. So a useful outing for all three although sad to miss out on the thrill of the chase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment