Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

Gatcombe and Beyond

Just a quick update as we set off for Belton..

I had a fairly unremarkable weekend at Gatcombe, running Willy Do and Sportsfield Quality in the Intermediate. Willy did a nice test for his first proper outing, had an unlucky rail in the show jumping and popped round the cross country easily for 11th place. Sportsfield Quality did what I thought was an improved test from Tweseldown but scored an all time record worst for me with 53!! He then proceeded to jump a fabulous double clear with a technical 20 creeping in on the cross country thanks to my blondness mis reading the fence numbers!! He really is a jumping machine so I shall be doing all I can to improve his dressage marks before he makes his advanced debut at Burnham Market next month.

Congratulations to Lydia who came 7th at Somerly Park with her lovely Mare on Tuesday, and as Friday dawns we are setting sail for Belton with Luke and Sprout in the Advanced, Willy in the OI, Rowan in the Novice and little Luc riding Whistle Jack in the novice, so it's a step up for us all. Fingers crossed we pull some good results out of the bag...I am in the mood for some ribbons now!

No comments:

Post a Comment